"For the architect, engineer or designer Rapidwall has many compelling attributes"
Prime amongst them is that Rapidwall is manufactured as a single panel that serves as both the internal and external wall and eliminates the need for bricks, blocks, timber and steel wall frames and plasterboard linings.
Cut to size in the factory with window and door openings and the like included, the panels are delivered on site in easily accessible stillages and erected with a small crane.
Compared to concrete panels, a 12 metre by 3 metre by 124 millimetre Rapidwall is about 15 percent of the weight.
As a load-bearing walling element Rapidwall has an installed cost of about half that of precast concrete.
Depending on the wall layout, a Rapidwall panel, when concrete filled on site, can support between 10 and 15 storeys thus eliminating the need for columns and floor beams:
- The finish of Rapidwall is superior to an equivalent off-form, precast-concrete or insitu wall panel;
- Rapidwall has a lower embodied energy than all other walling products;
- Rapidwall panels are 100% recyclable wherein they can be re-processed through a calciner and recast into new Rapidwall panels;
- A single B-double truck can transport over 900 square metres of Rapidwall compared to 125 square metres for 120 millimetre thick precast-concrete and 190 square metres of 140 millimetre thick concrete hollow blockwork;
- In cottage construction utilising suspended timber floors, unfilled Rapidwall is load-bearing up to 2 storeys;
- When used as load-bearing shear walls Rapidwall exhibits ductile qualities that make it safer than masonry in earthquake prone structures;
A building system that employs load-bearing Rapidwall as the walling elements streamlines the construction process by removing the majority of on-site work. By the factory production of large single-spanning lightweight wall elements that are easily and speedily erected the Rapidwall system provides a revolutionary and cost competitive alternative to conventional building methods.
Click here for Engineering design guidelines, manuals and AutoCAD drawings.